A US ESTA, or Electronic System for Travel Authorization, is a required travel documents for citizens of ESTA Eligible (or visa-exempt) countries.
Applying for an ESTA is a simple process yet does take some preparation.
ESTA US Visa, or US Electronic System for Travel Authorization, is a mandatory travel documents for citizens of
If you are a citizen of a US ESTA eligible country
you will need ESTA US Visa for layover or transit, or for
tourism and sightseeing, or for business purposes.
Applying for an ESTA USA Visa is a straighforward process and whole process can be completed online.
However its a good idea to understand what are essential US ESTA requirements before you begin the process.
In order to apply for your ESTA US Visa, you will have to complete the application form on this website,
provide passport, employment and travel details, and pay online.
Before you can complete your application for ESTA US Visa, you will need to have three (3) things: a valid email adress,
a way to pay online (debit card or credit card or PayPal) and a valid passport.
A valid email address: You will need a valid email address to apply for ESTA US Visa application.
As part of the application process, you are required to provide your email address and all communication regarding your
application will be done via email. After you complete the US ESTA application, your ESTA for United States should
arrive in your email within 72 hours.
Online form of payment: After providing all the details regarding your trip to United States, you are required
to make the payment online. We use Secure PayPal payment gateway to process all payments.
You will need either a valid Debit or Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, UnionPay) or PayPal account to make your payment.
Valid passport: You must have a valid passport that has not expired. If you do not have a passport, then
you must apply for one immediately since ESTA USA Visa application cannot be completed without the passport information.
Remember that US ESTA Visa is directly and electronically linked to your passport.
Application Form and Language support
To start your application, go to www.us-visa-online.org and click on Apply Online.
This will bring you to ESTA United States Visa Application Form.
This website provides support for multiple languages like French, Spanish, Italian, dutch, Norwegian, Danish and more.
Select your language as shown and you can see the application form translated in your native language.
If you have trouble filling the application form, there are multiple resources available to help you.
There is an Frequently Asked Questions page
and general requirements for the US ESTA
If you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact
our helpdesk for support and
Time required to complete ESTA US Visa application
It typically takes 10-30 minutes to complete ESTA application. If you have all the information ready, it could take
as little as 10 minutes to complete the form and make your payment.
Since ESTA US Visa is a 100% online process, most US ESTA application results are mailed within 24 hours to your
If you do not have all information ready, it could take upto an hour to finish the application.
Application Form Questions and Sections
Here are the questions and sections on the ESTA US Visa Application form:
- Family/last name
- First/Given Names
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Country of birth
- Email Address
- Martial status
- Country of Citizenship
- Passport Number
- Passport Date of Issue
- Passport Expiry Date
- In the past have you ever been citizen of any other country? (optional)
- Country of Past Citizenship (optional)
- How did you acquire past citizenship (by birth, through parents or naturalized)? (optional)
- Home Address line 1
- Home Address line 2 (optional)
- Town or City
- State or Province or District
- Postal / ZIP Code
- Country of Residence
- Mobile/Phone Number
United States Point of Contact Details
- Full name of Contact
- Contact Address Line 1
- Contact Address Line 2
- Mobile/Phone Number
Travel and Employment details
- Purpose of visit (tourist, transit or business)
- Expected arrival date
- Do you have a current or previous employer?
- Employer or Company Name
- Job Title (optional)
- Employer Address Line 1
- Employer Address Line 2 (optional)
- Town or City of Employment
- State or District of Employment
- Country of Employment
- Have you ever been arrested or convicted for a crime that resulted in serious damage to property, or serious harm?
- Have you ever violated any law related to possessing, using, or distributing illegal drugs?
- Do you seek to engage in or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities, espionage, sabotage, or genocide?
- Have you ever committed fraud or misrepresented yourself or others to obtain, or assist others to obtain, a visa or entry into the United States?
- Are you currently seeking employment in the United States or were you previously employed in the United States without prior permission from the U.S. government?
- Have you ever been denied a U.S. visa you applied for with your current or previous passport, or have you ever been refused admission to the United States or withdrawn your application for admission at a U.S. port of entry?
- Have you ever stayed in the United States longer than the admission period granted to you by the U.S. government?
- Have you traveled to, or been present in Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011?
Do you have a physical or mental disorder; or are you a drug abuser or addict; or do you currently have any of the following diseases:
Cholera, Diphtheria, infectious Tuberculosis, Plague, Smallpox, Yellow Fever?
Entering passport information
It is essential to enter correct Passport Number and Issuing Country of Passport since your ESTA US Visa application is linked directly
to your passport and you must travel with this passport.
- Look at your passport information page and enter the passport number at the top of this page
Passport numbers are mostly 8 to 11 characters longer. If you are entering a number that is too short or too long
or outside of this range, it is pretty like that you are entering a wrong number.
Passport numbers are a combination of alphabeters and number, so be extra careful with letter O and number 0,
letter I and the number 1.
- Passport numbers should never contain special characters like a hyphen or spaces.
Issuing Country of Passport
Select the country code shown exactly in the passport information page.
To figure out the country look for "Code" or "Issuing Country" or "Authority"
If passport information viz. passport number or country code is incorrect in ESTA US Visa application,
you may not be able to board your flight to United States.
- You may only find out at the airport if you made a mistake.
- You will need to reapply for ESTA US Visa at the airport.
- It may not be possible to get US ESTA at the last minute and it can take upto 3 days in certain cases.
What happens afer making Payment
Once you have completed the Application Form page, you will be prompted to make a payment.
All payments are processed via Secure PayPal payment gateway. Once your payment is complete, you should recieve your
US ESTA Visa in your email inbox within 72 hours.
Next Steps: After applying and making payment for ESTA US Visa
Please apply for a ESTA US Visa 72 hours in advance of your flight.