Travel To New York on US Visa
New York is the most beloved tourist destination for visitors from across the world. If you are planning to visit New York for tourism, medical, or business purposes, you will be required to have a US visa. We will be discussing all the details below in this article.
Undoubtedly one of the most popular and lively cities in the world, New York has been given many a nickname by its visitors, such as the Big Apple and The City That Never Sleeps. There is no dearth of wonderful tourist attractions in the city, all located within a short distance of each other, thus giving it the rightful fame of the most beloved tourist destination for visitors from across the world!
US Visa Online is an electronic travel authorization or travel permit to visit United States for a period of time upto 90 days and visit these amazing places in United States. International visitors must have a US Visa Online to be able to visit United States many attractions. Foreign citizens can apply for an US Visa Application in a matter of minutes. US Visa Application process is automated, simple, and completely online.
What Are Some of The Top Tourist Attractions of New York?New York
As we mentioned earlier there are so many things to see and do in the city, that you will pretty much need to cram up your itinerary as much as possible! Some of the most popular sightseeing attractions visited by tourists include the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and Brooklyn Bridge.
- The Statue of Liberty - A must include in your next trip to New York City, you need to get up close to this iconic statue to feel its magnanimous presence. You can choose from either of the options of booking a close-up tour or simply taking a good look at it on your boat ride to yet another famous tourist zone - Staten Island.
- Central Park - There are so many things to do in and around Central Park, to truly get a taste of all of it, you will have to book a bike and hop onto a horse or a carriage ride. From the zoo to the picnic areas and the boating lake, there are tons of different attractions in this area!
- The Times Square and Broadway - Yet another point you simply can not miss out on if you want to get the true New York experience, when you reach the heart of New York City, you will be greeted by the stunningly bright lights of Times Square and Broadway. The origin spot of all the world’s best shows, if you want to catch a show, make sure to book your tickets early!
If you wish to take a cultural trip to the city, make sure that you add the visit to Broadway and watch a show. Other than that, there are also many insightful museums in the place that is of great interest to tourists who like a good share of knowledge in their trips, such as the American Museum of Natural History, the Museum of Modern Art, and the 9 / 11 Memorial Museum.
The city offers several ways through which you can get a glimpse of the best parts there - from bus tours to boat trips, and even helicopter rides - whatever suits your tastes the best! At Central Park, you will also be given options to hire bikes and enjoy via a horse ride or even on a carriage!US Visa Online is now available to be obtained by mobile phone or tablet or PC by email, without requiring a visit to local US Embassy. Also, US Visa Application Form is simplified to be completed online on this website in under 3 minutes.
Read about what happens when you apply for US Visa Application and the next steps.
Why Do I Need a Visa To Visit New York?Visa
If you wish to enjoy the many different attractions of New York City, it is mandatory that you must have US Visa Online with you as a form of travel authorisation by the government, along with other necessary documents such as your passport and ID proof,.
Best American Road Trips from NYC
What is the Eligibility for the Visa to Visit New York?Eligibility for the Visa
To visit the United States, you will be required to have an Online US Visa. There are primarily three different visa types, namely the US Visa Online (for tourists), a green card (for permanent residence), and student visas. If you are visiting New York mainly for tourism and sightseeing purposes, you will need American Online Visa. If you wish to apply for this kind of visa, you must apply for a US Visa Online here on this website.
However, you must also keep in mind that the Government of the US has introduced the Visa Waiver Programme (VWP) for 72 different countries. If you belong to any of these countries, you will not need to apply for a travel visa, you can simply fill out the ESTA or Electronic System for Travel Authorisation 72 hours before you reach your destination country. The countries are - Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan.
In the case that you are staying in the US for more than 90 days, then the ESTA will not be sufficient - you will be required to apply for Category B1 (business purposes) or Category B2 (tourism) visa instead.
Top Tourist Attractions in Alaska
What Are the Different Types of Visa To Visit New York?Different Types of Visa
There are solely two types of visa that you must know about before you visit the United States or New York -
- B1 Business visa – The B1 Business visa is the best suited for when you are visiting the US for business meetings, conferences, and have no plan to gain employment whilst in the country to work for a US company.
- B2 Tourist visa – The B2 Tourism visa is when you wish to visit the US for leisure or holiday purposes. With it, you can take part in tourism activities.
Read about how students also have an option to avail US Visa Online via the means of US Visa Application for students.
How Can I Apply for A Visa To Visit New York?Apply for A Visa
To apply for a visa to visit New York, you will first have to fill up an online visa application.
You are expected to provide passport information, travel, occupation, and contact details. After you have provided this information and made the payment, you should receive US Visa Online within 72 hours of payment. US Visa will be sent to your email and you can have your vacation in the city of dreams!
Read about the US Visa Online eligibility.
What Are the Work Opportunities in the New York City?Work Opportunities
If you think that it is only people who aspire to be an actor or a singer who moved to New York, you might be vastly mistaken! There are many people who move over with the hopes of working in the glam of the stunning city. But before you move over, you might want to be thoroughly aware of the different visa types there are available.
For instance, as we mentioned above, if you wish to visit the US for less than 90 and belong to one of the 72 countries that have introduced the Visa Waiver Program, then all you need to do is fill up the ESTA. However, in the case that you are thinking to move permanently to the city, then you will be requiring the proper green card.
The Top 10 Food Festivals in the US
What Are the Transport Mediums To Move Around In New York?Transport Mediums
There are numerous transport mediums that you can use to travel from one corner to the other in New York City, and many of the times you may even need to use a combination of one or more transport options in order to visit all of the places that you wish to tick off in your itinerary. This may include the following -
- The Subway - Definitely one of the most famous means of transportation in New York City, it will take you all over the city and the subway stations cover almost every corner of NYC. So, even if you have spent your afternoon in Central Park and next wish to catch an evening show on Broadway, you can simply hop onto the subway! In the case that you will be using the subway a lot during your visit, getting a MetroCard will be your cheapest bet - you can have a 7-day MetroCard for $29 or a single ride is $2.50.
- You must keep in mind that the subway may sometimes remain busy, especially if it is a peak hour on the main lines that lead to the busy parts of the city. Since the local people will be rushing through the subway to travel to and fro their work, please maintain the escalator etiquette where you stand on the right side of the escalator and let the rushing people move through the left side.
- The New York Pass - A New York Pass will give you entry to most of the top attractions in New York City, and it also includes transport options. The Hop On, Hop Off bus is great for travelling amidst attractions, and they come with a tour guide who will give you all the necessary information about the areas that you are visiting. You can also get on the Hop On, Hop Off water taxi or on the Statue of Liberty ferry too. The pass will give you entry to attractions such as the Empire State Building, Top of the Rock and 9/11 Memorial and Museum amongst others.
- Taxicabs - You must have already got a good glimpse at the New York taxicabs at the Hollywood movies, and when you head over to the city, you will be greeted by plenty of them buzzing through the streets. They will take you to wherever you wish to go, including busy places such as airports, stations, and tourist attractions.
- Walking - If you really wish to get a good picture of all the corners of the city in the best way possible, nothing can beat the walking option. Although the subway is better if you wish to reach the destination as soon as possible since it is located underground, you will miss out on a lot of scenes on the way. You can take a walk through the High Line, a public park that has been created on an olf rail line at the West Side of Manhattan. It has been designed to elevate a little from the streets so that you get a different perspective as you take a walk through the streets. If you are an admirer of art and nature, you will not want to miss out on the opportunity to take a walk at the High Lane!
Home to more than four hundred national parks spread across its fifty states, no list mentioning most astonishing parks in the United States may ever be complete. Read more at Travel Guide to Famous National Parks in USA
Check your eligibility for US Visa Online and apply for US Visa Online 72 hours in advance of your flight. British citizens, Spanish citizens, French citizens, Japanese citizens and Italian citizens can apply online for Electronic US Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our US Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.