US Tourist Visa
By: Tiasha Chatterjee
A foreign citizen who wishes to visit the United States should first get US Visa Online. US Online Visa (or Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is a mandatory travel documents for citizens of visa-exempt countries. If you are a citizen of a US ESTA eligible country you will need ESTA US Visa for layover or transit, or for tourism and sightseeing, or for business purposes.
US Visa Online is an electronic travel authorization or travel permit to visit United States for a period of time upto 90 days and visit these amazing places in United States. International visitors must have a US Visa Online to be able to visit United States many attractions. Foreign citizens can apply for an US Visa Application in a matter of minutes. US Visa Application process is automated, simple, and completely online.
What Can I Do with My US Tourist Visa?
Here are some activities that are permissible with a US tourist visa:
- Come for holiday purposes.
- Visit your family or friends.
- Get medical attention if it is required.
- Participation in fraternal, social, or service groups' social events.
- Take part in the amateur musical, sporting, or similar events or competitions (wherein you are not compensated for participating).
- Enrollment in a brief, non-credit-bearing recreational course of study (for example, a 2 day cooking class while on vacation)
With the business visa (B-1):
- Consult with colleagues in the field.
- Attend a technical, educational, corporate, or business convention or conference.
- An inheritance that needs to be settled.
- Negotiate a contract in your industry
What Can I Not Do with My US Tourist Visa?
Visitor Visas are not valid for the following purposes (but they can be with other types of visas):
- Paid performances, along with any other professional performance in front of a paying audience, are prohibited
- Arrival aboard a ship or plane as a crew member
- Work as a foreign correspondent, or in radio, cinema, print journalism, or other forms of information dissemination.
- Residency in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Birth tourism would also be prohibited from receiving visitor permits (travel for the primary purpose of giving birth in the United States to obtain U.S. citizenship for their child).
How can I apply for a visa to the United States?
Applying for an ESTA USA Visa is a straighforward process and whole process can be completed online. However its a good idea to understand what are essential US ESTA requirements before you begin the process. In order to apply for your ESTA US Visa, you will have to complete the application form on this website, provide your passport, employment and travel details, and pay online.
ESTA US Visa, or US Electronic System for Travel Authorization, is a mandatory travel document for citizens of visa-exempt countries. If you are a citizen of a US ESTA eligible country you will need an ESTA US Visa for layover or transit, or for tourism and sightseeing, or for business purposes.
When it comes to the US, it boasts some of the best ski resorts in the world. If you are ready to hit the slopes, this is the place to start! In today’s list, we will be checking out the very best American ski destinations to help you draft the ultimate skiing bucket list. Learn more at The Top 10 Ski Resorts In The USA
What Is The Electronic Travel Authorization System or ESTA?
The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is a completely automated, electronic system for screening travellers before they embark on a Visa Waiver Program trip to the United States. Before flying to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, eligible residents or nationals from all Visa Waiver Program countries must apply for ESTA clearance. Travellers participating in the Visa Waiver Program are urged to apply for authorisation as soon as they begin planning a trip to the United States.
How to Apply for a Tourist Visa to the United States Online?
You may need to apply for a visiting or transit visa if you are planning a short stay in the United States for business or vacation. The following are the measures to take:
1. Determine whether you require a visa -
Check to see if your country is part of the United States' Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If your nation is not mentioned, you will require a nonimmigrant visa to enter the United States.
2. Figure out the visa you will need for your trip -
B-1 and B-2 visiting visas are used by the majority of business and vacation travelers.
The B-1 visa is for business travelers who have to meet with coworkers, attend a convention, negotiate a contract, settle an estate, or travel for professional purposes.
Tourists on vacation and persons going for medical treatment, a social function, or unpaid participation in amateur events are classified as B-2 visa holders.
Transit visas are not as popular as they formerly were.
International citizens transiting via the United States to another country and staying momentarily in the United States as part of their journey to the next foreign destination are classified as transit C visa holders.
Crew members of sea vessels or foreign airlines flying to the United States are eligible for transit C-1, D, and C-1 / D visas.
What is the Eligibility of a US Tourist Visa?
eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is now needed for visitors visiting the US for less than 3 months for business, transportation, or vacation.
eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign citizens who want to come to the US by flight. The authorization is connected to your passport electronically and is valid for five (5) years.
Applicants from qualifying countries or territories must apply at least three (3) days prior to their arrival date.
Electronic Travel Authorization for the US is not required for citizens of the United States. To travel to the US, US residents do not require a visa or an eTA.
The following countries have citizens who are able to apply for an eTA or US Tourist Visa:
There are currently 40 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program:
Czech Republic (2008)
Korea, Republic of (2008)
New Zealand (1991)
San Marino (1991)
United Kingdom** (1988)
NOTE: If nationals of Curacao, Bonaire, St Eustatius, Saba, and St Maarten (the former Netherlands Antilles) request entrance with passports from these countries, they will not be eligible for the Visa Waiver Program.
British citizens are required to apply for a US visa to enter United States for visits upto 90 days for tourism, business, or transit purposes. Learn more at US Visa from United Kingdom.
What kind of activities are allowed for visitors with a US Tourist Visa?
The eTA US Tourist Visa can be used for any of the following:
- Vacationing or spending the holidays in any US city
- Visits to relatives or friends
- Arriving as part of a class group on a field trip or for another social event
- Attending a brief term of study for which no credits are awarded
What are the prerequisites for applying for the US Tourist Visa or eTA for tourism?
While applying for the US eTA online, you must have the following documents:
- Your passport
- Contact information, as well as your job and travel information
- To pay the eTA application costs, you will need a debit or credit card (or a PayPal account).
Your passport is the most significant of these documents, which you must have with you while entering the US and on which border authorities will mark the length of your stay.
For the US Tourist Visa, what kind of information might be necessary?
Applicants for the US eTA must include the following information while filling out the online US eTA Application Form -
● Personal information such as name, birthplace, and date of birth, as well as passport number, issuance date, and expiration date
● Address and email are examples of contact information.
● Information about the position
Travelers who want to apply for US eTA online must meet the following requirements:
A valid passport -
● The applicant's passport must be valid for at least three months beyond the departure date, which is the day on which you will exit the US.
● A blank page should also be included in the passport so that the Customs Officer can stamp it.
If granted, your eTA for the US will be connected to your valid Passport, thus you must also have a valid Passport, which can be an Ordinary Passport, an Official, Diplomatic, or Service Passport, all of which are issued by qualifying nations.
A working email address
Because US eTA will be sent to the applicant through email, a valid email address is necessary. Visitors planning to visit the US can fill out the form by clicking here eTA US Visa Application form.
A valid credit or debit card or PayPal account is essential because the eTA US Via application form is only available online and does not have a paper counterpart.
Certain foreign nationals are allowed by United States to visit the country without having to go through the lengthy process of applying for the United States Visitor Visa. Learn more at ESTA US Visa Requirements
What may prevent me from entering the US as a tourist?
Even if you have a valid US eTA, the Government has the authority to refuse you entrance at the border.
Some of the most common causes for inadmissibility include -
- you do not have all of your papers in order, such as your passport, which border authorities will check;
- you pose any health or financial danger;
- you do not have all of your paperwork in order, such as your passport.
- history of criminals and terrorists
- abuses of human rights
- past immigration difficulties involvement with organized crime
- financial grounds, such as a lack of confirmation of financial resources to sustain oneself
- Please submit your application for a US eTA 72 hours before your travel.
What is some Important Information about e-Tourist Visas in the US?
Before completing an application for a tourist visa to the US, there are some things that all tourists should be aware of -
- This visa is non-extendable and non-convertible.
- Applicants must be able to sustain themselves financially throughout their stay in the US.
- During their stay, travelers must always have a copy of their authorized e-Visa US permission with them.
- Regardless of age, all candidates must have their own passports.
- Parents are not permitted to ad their kids to the online visa application for the US.
- The e-Tourist visa is not valid for visiting protected or restricted Cantonment zones and cannot be utilized.
- The applicant's passport must be valid for at least 6 months after arriving in the US. Entry and departure stamps must be placed on at least 2 blank pages in the passport by customs and border control officials.
- An e-Tourist visa for the US is not available to holders of International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports.
If you want to visit Hawaii for business or tourism purposes, you will have to apply for a US Visa. This will provide you with permission to visit the country for a period of 6 months, for both work and travel purposes. Learn more at Visiting Hawaii on a US Visa Online
How long will I have to wait to get my US eTA or US Tourist eVisa?
The fastest approach to getting a Tourist Visa for the US is to apply at . Although many passengers obtain their approved eVisa in less than 24 hours, visitors should apply at least four (4) working days ahead of time to allow for processing time.
The form may be prepared and submitted in minutes if candidates have all of the relevant information and documentation on hand. The visa is delivered straight to the applicant through email after the application has been granted.
The e-tourist visa is the shortest way to acquire entrance to the US for tourism reasons because the process is entirely online and does not need a visit to a consulate or embassy.
Spanish citizens are required to apply for a US visa to enter United States for visits upto 90 days for tourism, business, or transit purposes. Learn more at US Visa from Spain
How Do I Apply for The US eTA?
To start your application, go to www.us-visa-online.org and click on Apply Online. This will bring you to ESTA United States Visa Application Form. This website provides support for multiple languages like French, Spanish, Italian, dutch, Norwegian, Danish and more. Select your language as shown and you can see the application form translated in your native language.
Obtaining a Tourist Visa for US or US eTA Eligible foreign citizens who intend to visit the US must request an eTA for the US digitally. The entire procedure is web-based, from submitting the Tourist Visa for US Application to payment to receiving notification of the application's outcome. The applicant must complete the US eTA request form with pertinent information, such as contact info, past travel information, passport information, and other background knowledge, such as health and criminal history.
The Tourist Visa for US form must be completed by all visitors to the US, irrespective of age. After filling out the application, the applicant must pay for the eTA application with a credit or debit card and afterwards submit it. The majority of judgments are made within 24 hours, and the applicant is contacted by email, however certain instances may take several days or weeks to complete.
It is important to apply for an eTA for the US once your travel arrangements are finalised, but no less than 72 hours prior to your planned arrival in the US. You would be communicated via email the ultimate decision, and if your request is denied, you can seek a physical Tourist Visa for the US.
How Long Would It Take to Complete A Tourist Visa For US Or eTA Application?
You must apply for a Tourist Visa for the US or US eTA at least 72 hours before your intended entry date.
If you want to visit California for business or tourism purposes, you will have to apply for a US Visa. This will provide you with permission to visit the country for a period of 6 months, for both work and travel purposes. Learn about Visiting California on a US Visa Online
Check your eligibility for US Visa Online and apply for US Visa Online 72 hours in advance of your flight. British citizens, Spanish citizens, French citizens, Japanese citizens and Italian citizens can apply online for Electronic US Visa. Should you need any help or require any clarifications you should contact our US Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.